Dedicated Worcester Criminal Defense Attorneys Fight for the Rights of the Accused
Defending clients against a wide range of charges
For a person facing the criminal process, any charge is a serious matter. And our criminal defense attorneys treat it accordingly. For more than 35 years, the lawyers of Gould & Ettenberg, P.C. have practiced extensively in the state and federal criminal courts of Massachusetts, earning a reputation for professionalism, legal acumen and strong ethics with judges, prosecutors, law enforcement and court administrators. This reputation allows us to argue more compellingly — and negotiate more effectively — on behalf of our clients in the Worcester County area.
Representing clients in state and federal courts
While both state and federal courts hear serious criminal matters, the unique procedures and rules used by federal courts can make them a minefield for uninitiated attorneys. Our criminal defense lawyers are fully acquainted with the complex procedures of our federal courts in Massachusetts as well as the peculiarities of federal criminal statutes and evidentiary rules.
Felonies and misdemeanors
While the impact of a felony conviction is obvious, even a less serious misdemeanor conviction can negatively affect your professional and personal life. Felony and misdemeanor defense may require different strategies, but they should both be taken seriously. Our attorneys work with prosecutors and the court to favorably and efficiently resolve both types of charges — but are prepared to go to trial when necessary to protect our clients’ interests.
How we can help
Through our diverse criminal defense practice, our attorneys assist clients in Worcester County with a variety of criminal charges:
- OUI — While a misdemeanor under most circumstances, operating under the influence (OUI) is still a serious crime that can result in license suspension, substantial fines and even jail time.
- Traffic crimes — Traffic offenses can have grave consequences for commercial drivers as well as drivers with a prior history of offenses. Under these conditions, a serious defense may be warranted.
- Drug crimes — State and federal drug crimes range widely in severity. If the evidence against you is strong, you need a strong and creative criminal defense.
- Sex crimes — A sex crimes conviction can have lifelong consequences including social stigma and lifelong registration as a sex offender.
- White collar crimes — Substantially more complex than other types of crimes, white collar crimes require an experienced criminal defense in both state and federal courts.
- Violent crimes — Assaults and other violent crimes are nearly all high-level misdemeanors or serious felonies. Conviction can mean lengthy incarceration.
- Property crimes — Property crimes such as larceny, robbery and burglary are serious matters, even if no act of violence was involved, and can have a long-term impact on your life.
- Probation violations — Even if you were fortunate enough to survive a criminal conviction without receiving jail time, a probation violation can ultimately land you in jail.
- Consequences of criminal convictions — A conviction for criminal conduct can have far reaching and life-long consequences, including sex offender registration, loss of drivers' license, immigration status and employment jeopardy.
Contact a law firm that has experience with all manner of criminal charges
For more than 35 years, the attorneys of Gould & Ettenberg, P.C. have defended individuals in Worcester County and throughout Massachusetts from criminal allegations ranging from minor traffic offenses to serious violent crimes. Call us at 508-752-6733 or contact us online to set up a consultation with a caring and experienced attorney today. We are conveniently located in downtown Worcester with easy access to both state and federal courthouses as well as convenient parking.