Phone: 508-752-6733Email: email@example.com
Kathryn A. O’Leary has been trying cases for twenty-five years. She represents clients in civil disputes encompassing a broad range of issues. Attorney O’Leary represents clients before state and federal trial courts, family and probate court, appeals courts, administrative bodies such as the boards of professional licensure, and in mediations and arbitrations before private neutrals or those appointed by the court.
- Copyright and Trademark litigation;
- Divorces, child visitation and custody, and will contests;
- Employment disputes;
- Personal Injury cases (representing plaintiffs and defendants);
- Business disputes; and
- Enforcement Actions by administrative bodies.
- Massachusetts, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, U.S. Court of Appeal, 1st Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Past member and chair of the Massachusetts Clients Security Board. In Massachusetts a portion of the annual fees paid by each member of the bar is allocated to a Fund which is used to reimburse defalcations by Massachusetts attorneys. The Clients' Security Board consists of seven members of the bar who are appointed by the Supreme Judicial Court to serve as public trustees of the Clients' Security Fund. Board members manage and distribute the monies in the Fund to members of the public who have sustained a financial loss caused by the dishonest conduct of a member of the bar acting as an attorney or a fiduciary.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk Law School, 1988
- Law Review, National Finalist in ABA Negotiations Competition, Class rank: 2/44
- B.A., Economics, Boston College, 1979
- Captain and Coach of Boston College’s Women’s Ice Hockey Team
- Worcester County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section - Member (1997 – present) and Co-chair (2007-2009); District Court Committee – Member and District Court Conciliator (1997 – present); Superior Court Committee (1997 – present); Bench Bar Committee (2006 – present); Membership Committee (2011);
- First Circuit Gender and Ethnic Bias Study, First Circuit, volunteer; and
- Suffolk and Middlesex County Bench/Bar Committees.
- Panelist MCLE course on “Guerilla Discovery: Battle Tested Tactics” (spring 2004).
- Town of Concord, Concord Ma’s Recreation Commission, Member and Chair. (1999 – 2005);
- Fairhaven Farmlands Conservation, Inc. (1988 – 2004)(founding member of this nonprofit corporation whose mission was agricultural education);
- Women’s Hoop Dreams, Inc. (2000 – 2008) (Board member, past president, and player in this women’s basketball league);
- Nashoba Valley Pedalers, North Shore Cyclists and Charles River Wheelmen (avid cyclist; ride 150+ miles/week including multiple centuries each summer, Board Member of NVP); and
- Wedeln Ski and Outdoor Club (recreational downhill skier).