Phone: 508-752-6733 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Bunker is a Director at Gould & Ettenberg, P.C. His practice areas include: business formation, development, all aspects of business operations, merger, sales and acquisitions, commercial law and finance, condominium law, entertainment law, non-profit law and civil litigation.
Mr. Bunker has extensive experience representing businesses of various sizes, from start-ups to middle market companies, to large, publicly-held corporations, across the state and across a wide range of industries. He also represents individuals, condominium associations, real estate entities, non-profits, educational organizations, health care and financial institutions in a wide range of business planning and transactional matters.
He will assist in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, as well as probate matters such as guardianships and conservatorships. He works closely with clients in all areas of estate and gift tax planning, including wills, living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, durable powers of attorney and health care proxies, and prides himself on his strong commitment to service and close relationships with clients. Mr. Bunker has an expertise regarding the creation of special needs trusts for persons with developmental disabilities. Mr. Bunker has also developed an expertise in the area of elder law and assists clients with strategies to protect assets, prepare for long-term needs, and navigate the complicated MassHealth system.
- General corporate matters including contract review, leases, joint ventures, business strategies, advice drafts and he negotiates individual employment agreements, severance agreements, non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Employee relations matters including documenting employee performance, employee discipline and discharge, plant closing and mass layoffs, employment applications, employee handbooks and employer policies.
- Estate and business planning and estate and trust administration, including special needs trusts.
- Outside General Counsel services (General Counsel to the Better Business Bureau of Central New England, Inc.).
- Non-profit and tax-exempt, charitable organizations: formation, governance, compliance and exemption issues as well as a full range of business issues.
- Massachusetts, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit, 1987
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Volunteer lawyer for the Legal Assistance Corporation of Central Massachusetts, Zarrow Homeless Advocacy Project.
- Coach and a judge for the Massachusetts Bar Association’s statewide high school Moot Court competition.
- Member of the Community Development Advisory Council for the City of Worcester allocating HUD Block Grant funds.
- Member Mayor-elect Ray Flynn's transition team, the Financial Analysis Research Group and was a co-author of “Boston in Transition: A Financial Analysis.”
- Board member (and past President) of AIDS Project Worcester, Inc., one of the oldest and most comprehensive AIDS Service Organizations in New England.
- President of the Central Massachusetts Area Advisory Board for the Department of Mental Health.
- Trustee for the Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
- Board Member of Alternatives Unlimited, Inc., a non-profit serving adults who have a mental illness and adults who have developmental disabilities; Chair of Alternatives’ Worcester Advisory Council
- B.A. (cum laude) from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 1975.
- Masters of Education degree from Harvard University Graduate School of Education in 1979.
- Juris Doctorate degree from Northeastern University School of Law in 1986.
Honors and Awards
- Law Clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court
- AIDS Project Worcester, Inc. - Special Award for Service
- Better Business Bureau of Central New England, Inc. - Special Torch Award
- AIDS Project Worcester, Inc. - Red Ribbon Vision Award
- Temple Emanuel - Volunteer of the Year Award
- Sober in the Sun Festival – Community Service Award
- Temple Emanuel Brotherhood - Man of the Year Award
- Better Business Bureau of Central New England, Inc. - Community Service Award
- Worcester School Committee - Special Citation (Built a Ball Field)
- Worcester Public Schools - Thomas Jefferson Award
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society